Do you have the passion for working for a Start-up?
Role - Part-time / Full-Time - Remote - Compensation + Equity
SharpSwift is currently seeking a talented Technical Lead for a Start-up. The client is a Gaming, eSports and Ed-tech Start-up based out of Toronto and San Francisco.
Client is building a mobile game, where players come together to compete using their knowledge and cognitive skills. It is going to be “World’s First Massive Multiplayer Online Cognitive Game!”.
- We are looking for a "hands-on" full stack developer, who is also able to lead the current developers working on the platform. Must be able to perform in a resource constrained environment. Gaming, eSports and Ed-tech experience is desired.
- You will be responsible for the technical architecture, design, development and leading the technical delivery team. You will also be responsible for making decisions related to tech stack, frameworks, infrastructure and future roadmap.
- You will lead a diverse tech team and will also need to grow the team by hiring competent engineers.
- Minimum 5 year hands on experience with building scalable backend infrastructure including APIs, microservices, PHP/NodeJS/ROR/Java/Python, SQL/No-SQL DBs
- Minimum 5 years hands on App development experience for iOS, Android & WebApps is desirable
- Experience with design patterns/practices, especially as it applies to building flexible NodeJS applications
- 3+ years overall development experience using Java and open web technologies will be nice to have
- Experience with high volume large scale systems will be a plus
- Experience & understanding of AWS infrastructure is desired
- Experience with Serverless/Containerization/Docker/Kubernetes will be nice to have
- Experience with ML & AI will be nice to have
- Experience of hiring a team of best developers to get the product developed as per required tech specs
- Experience building games with 1000+ concurrent players
- Experience in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Experience in developing social, entertainment and game apps
- University degree in Computer science or Engineering
- Flexible working hours
- Profit sharing/share options
- Stock options
Location - Remote (USA / Canada / EU / Asia)